Full-time hybrid position based in the DC Metro Area
The Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) is the largest community arts organization serving the military community in the US. ASAP fosters creative communities where veterans, service members, military family members, and caregivers thrive through the arts. Our free, immersive classes include stand-up comedy, storytelling, improv, creative writing, acting, drawing, and more. Research demonstrates ASAP participants experience significant, lasting improvements in resilience, belonging, self-esteem, and integration of self.
ASAP chapters are currently located in Washington, DC; Hampton Roads, VA; San Diego, CA; and Indianapolis, IN — and we are expanding nationally. We’ve reached 1,700 unique veterans in six years, and our alumni have performed for an estimated 150,000+ audience members, including shows at the Warner Theater, Gotham Comedy Club, and at The White House under President Obama. We have been featured by CNN, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, The Washington Post, POLITICO, and Forbes.
About the Role
Location: Remote role based in the Washington, DC metro area, with some in-person program coordination required.
As Program Coordinator, you’ll be at the center of our impact. Working closely with our Program Manager, you’ll oversee the details for our arts classes, workshops, and performances from top to bottom across all chapters and online. You’ll coordinate with venues and instructors, write program descriptions, review participant applications, and a whole lot more.
- Program Coordination: Manage all logistics for ASAP’s classes, workshops, and performances, coordinating with instructors, partners, and volunteers; attend classes, workshops, and performances in-person in the DC metro and online for chapters and virtual programming to support instructors and troubleshoot any issues as they arise.
- Program Communications: Communicate via email, phone, and in-person with applicants, participants, alumni, volunteers, mentors, and instructors to plan and deliver ASAP’s programs; write weekly newsletters for community networks.
- Community Outreach: Initiate, build, and manage relationships with community partners — including veteran/military support organizations, the VA, DoD, colleges, and art organizations; maintain a social media presence to support partner and participant outreach.
- Internal Communications: Communicate responsively and respectfully with fellow team members to ensure the effective completion of projects and tasks.
- Administrative: Participate in ongoing analysis of current systems and processes to ensure best practices are being implemented and streamlining and automation are being utilized whenever possible.
You’ll love this role if
- You’re a logistics master. You thrive in the details and you know how to make sure events go off without a hitch.
- You take ownership of your work. You look for opportunities to jump in and be helpful, taking action before you’re asked. You’re proactive.
- You’re a productivity guru. You’re always looking for a way to help your team be more organized and efficient.
- You’re agile and practical. You get things done, solve problems, and overcome obstacles.
- You have a flexible schedule. You don’t mind some working evenings and weekends — that’s when our classes and performances happen!
- You’re passionate about the arts. You understand the impact of comedy and the arts as a vehicle for personal growth.
- You care about the military community. You’re excited to build relationships with folks in our community of veteran and military artists.
- Prior experience in the following is preferred: (a) project and/or program management; (b) operational planning and execution; (c) partnership development, execution, and management; and (d) volunteer recruiting and management.
- You must be proficient in Google Drive, Documents, Forms, and Calendar.
- You must be able to develop proficiency in Slack, MailChimp, Eventbrite, WordPress, and Salesforce platforms (training provided).
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual compensation of $45,000-$50,000
- Full healthcare, vision, and dental benefits
- Retirement plan with a 2% employer contribution
- $500 professional development stipend
- Generous holiday schedule and 18 days PTO
How to Apply
Ready to join the team? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Your resume
- A statement of interest: no more than 300 words to share why you are interested in this role and what makes you a good fit
We will not consider applications without a statement of interest. We will review applications and schedule interviews on a rolling basis.