REMOTE INTERNSHIP | WASHINGTON, DC AREA PREFERRED — Fall 2022
The Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) is the largest community arts organization serving the military community in the US. ASAP fosters creative communities where veterans, service members, military family members, and caregivers thrive through the arts. Our free, immersive classes include stand-up comedy, storytelling, improv, creative writing, acting, drawing, and more. Research demonstrates ASAP participants experience significant, lasting improvements in resilience, belonging, self-esteem, and integration of self.
ASAP chapters are currently located in Washington, DC; Hampton Roads, VA; San Diego, CA; and Indianapolis, IN — and we are expanding nationally. We’ve reached 1,700 unique veterans in six years, and our alumni have performed for an estimated 150,000+ audience members, including shows at the Warner Theater, Gotham Comedy Club, and at The White House under President Obama. We have been featured by CNN, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, The Washington Post, POLITICO, and Forbes.
ASAP is seeking candidates who have a passion for learning nonprofit arts programming management. For ASAP, our programs are at the core of our mission.
The Program Intern will collaborate closely with ASAP’s Program Manager and Program Coordinators in the planning and execution of ASAP’s classes, workshops, and performances, currently being offered virtually and in-person in our chapter regions. The intern will have the opportunity to not only support the Program team, but will also manage and take ownership of a variety of projects with key learning objectives. In 2022 ASAP seeks to serve over 650 unique veterans and deliver more programs than ever before. The Program Intern will be an integral part of meeting this mission objective.
This is a part-time, remote internship role (20 hours/week). Applicants need to be available to work September or October through mid-December, and must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of the organization’s programs and performances. The primary duties and responsibilities of the position are detailed below.
DESIRE TO LEARN AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Support the planning and execution of programs in order to facilitate ASAP’s programmatic excellence and growth
- Help manage relationships and directly interface with instructors, volunteers, students, classroom and performance venues, and other partners to effectively execute ASAP’s programs and performances
- Support the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of ASAP’s arts curricula
- Assist with the creation and execution of processes for expanding the program, including instructor assessment and training, admissions, program/performance standard operating procedures, program communications, and volunteer recruitment and management
- Support partnership development with local arts instructors, arts organizations, colleges, veterans organizations, and businesses
- Perform all other program-related tasks as needed
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Interest in project management and execution, curriculum and training development, event planning, and external communications; interest in arts, veterans affairs, or mental health preferred; experience working in an office a plus
- Working with the Program Manager, ability to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks; ability to be flexible, problem solve, and pivot based on program and organization requirements; intellectually curious and driven to learn new skills
- Superior attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communications skills; open to receiving and willing to deliver constructive feedback; comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial; capable of managing time effectively and efficiently in a remote work environment; thrives in highly autonomous situations in which they have the opportunity to drive their own work
- Availability and flexibility to be present for organization’s evening and weekend programs/performances.
- Preferred proficiency in: Microsoft Office Suite; Google Drive, Calendar, Documents, Sheets, and Forms; Slack and task management software; and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Course credits from undergraduate/graduate university (eligibility permitting)
- Mentorship support from ASAP’s network of advisors and supporters
- The opportunity to build a program from the ground-up and directly impact the lives of thousands of veterans, service members, and military family members
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.