REMOTE INTERNSHIP – Summer 2022
The Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) is the largest community arts organization serving the military community in the US. ASAP fosters creative communities where veterans, service members, military family members, and caregivers thrive through the arts. Our free, immersive classes include stand-up comedy, storytelling, improv, creative writing, acting, drawing, and more. Research demonstrates ASAP participants experience significant, lasting improvements in resilience, belonging, self-esteem, and integration of self.
ASAP chapters are currently located in Washington, DC; Hampton Roads, VA; San Diego, CA; and Indianapolis, IN — and we are expanding nationally. We’ve reached 1,700 unique veterans in six years, and our alumni have performed for an estimated 150,000+ audience members, including shows at the Warner Theater, Gotham Comedy Club, and at The White House under President Obama. We have been featured by CNN, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, The Washington Post, POLITICO, and Forbes.
ASAP is seeking candidates who are eager to learn about nonprofit marketing & communications.
The Communications Intern will support the Communications Department’s efforts, including fundraising, strategy, social media management and copywriting. The intern will collaborate with the Communications and Development teams, and will also manage and take ownership of projects in support of those teams.
This is a full-time, remote internship role (30-35 hours/week). We prefer interns to be located in the Washington, DC area, but this is not required. Applicants need to be available to work starting the first week of June through the first week of August, and will preferably have flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed to meet deadlines.
DESIRE TO LEARN AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES
- Communications Maintenance & Administration: Support all activities related to ASAP communications, including social media posts, newsletters, blog posts, PR campaigns, and website.
- Content Creation: Plan and produce creative content to tell the story of ASAP community members and the impact of our community on their lives. Projects may include script writing, storyboarding, video production, photo editing, and copywriting.
- Development Support: Support activities related to development and stewardship of donors, including web updates and other initiatives.
- Event Planning: Support planning of ASAP’s fundraising events and digital campaigns, including developing promotional content and crafting logistic communications.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Interest in all elements of non-profit fundraising, project management, event planning, and external communications
- Ability to operate, prioritize, and thrive in a demanding, high-growth, start-up environment; proven ability to solve complex problems; intellectually curious & driven to develop skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; superior attention to detail
- Capable of managing time effectively and efficiently in a remote work environment; thrives in independent situations in which they have the opportunity to drive own work.
- G suite
- Loomly (Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Course credits from undergraduate/graduate university (eligibility permitting)
- Mentorship support from ASAP’s network of advisors and supporters
- The opportunity to build a program from the ground-up and impact the lives of thousands of veterans, service members, and military family members
- Potential opportunity to lead to paid part-time work
Please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications on a rolling basis.